Call: +91 9849000777 (11am - 8pm)
Frequently asked questions
If your Britelite Flashlight does not work, check that the batteries are not worn out. Make sure that the tail cap is tightly closed. If not, electrical contact with the circuit in the barrel would not be made properly made. Check if battery is installed with (+) positive end towards head of the Britelite Flashlight
My Britelite does not attain the full operating time even after charging for the specified time.
Check the line voltage. If the line voltage is less than that is required, The flashlight will require more charging time in order to complete the charging cycle.
Is the Britelite protected against overcharging?
YES. Your Britelite charging adaptor s specially designed to protect against overcharging. Please ensure to use only the Britelite charging adaptor supplied along with the flashlight. Using other adaptors for charging the Britelite flashlight will result in overcharging of the battery pack and will reduce the life span of the battery pack.
What is meant by battery memory?
A Nickel-Cadmium rechargeable battery remember each length of discharge and after a period of time retains it, causing the battery to accept less than a full charge. This is why it is critical to 'recondition' the battery periodically.
How long can i leave the britelite torch in the recharger (on charge) without using?
When not in use it is a good practice to disconnect the unit power plug. Self Discharge would be less than 1% a day.
Is it advisable to leave the battery in the uncharged state for a long duration?
When the light becomes dim, recharge the batteries. If left uncharged for a long period of time, this can reduce the performance of your britelite flashlight.
The operating time of my Britelite is diminishing on a regular basis.
Check line voltage. If the line voltage is as per the specifications, the loss in the operating time may be due to unlikely development of the false memory of the battery pack. Please discharge the battery pack and completely recharge. This will help to erase the false memory and to recharge the battery pack to its capacity.
Will my Britelite build a memory?
If the light is totally Discharged several (5 to 6) times a year, there is very minimal chance of the battery building up a memory.
How can i clean the dist inside the reflector of my Britelite Flashlight?
Use a small brush or blow with dry air.
How do i remove the fingerprint from the reflector?
Use a camera Lens cleaner. Use cotton swab and rub gently.
Britelite Torch Safety Instructions
- CAUTION : in order to reduce the risk of fire, electrical Shock, or personal injury, NEVER attempt to use Britelite Torch Charger with any other attachment or unit. Likewise, DO NOT attempt to charge the Britelite Torch with any other Charger.
- NEVER MISTREAT THE CHORD. Never carry the charger by the cord or pull it to disconnect the charger from receptacle.
- AVOID the use of extension cord, CONNECT THE CHARGER DIRECTLY INTO AN ELECTRICAL OUTLET.
- REPLACE damaged cords or plugs immediately, prior to use.
- REMOVE Britelite FROM POWER SOURCE PRIOR TO ATTEMPTING ANY ROUTINE CLEANING OR MAINTAIN CE. DO NOT try to repair the Britelite charger or the Britelite torch unit yourself. take it to the qualified Britelite torch service centre. Call on +91-9849000777 for help with service centres.
- DO NOT INCINERATE THE BATTERY, EVEN IF IT IS SEVERELY DAMAGED OR COMPLETELY WORN OUT.
- THE BATTERIES USED IN BRITELITE TORCHES CAN EXPLODE IN A FIRE. Handle them carefully and never attempt to short circuit them.
- A SMALL LEAKAGE OR LIQUID FROM THE BATTERY CELLS MAY OCCUR UNDER EXTREME USAGE OR TEMPERATURE CONDITIONS. This does not necessarily indicate a Britelite torch failure. However, if the outer case seal is broken and leakage gets on your skin:
- Wash promptly with soap and water.
- Neutralize with a mild acid such as lemon juice or vinegar.
- If the britelite battery liquid gets into your eyes, clean them by rinsing in cold water for 10 minutes and seek medical attention on priority basis.
- Use of this product other than lighting device is not recommended.
- Always observe battery polarity. A reversed battery will damage Britelite TM when charging is attempted. Never attempt to charge any battery other than the Nickel Cadmium type battery, that is Britelite TM original equipment. Recharging of any other type of batteries will damage the Britelite torch light.
- If you do not use Britelite Torch for longer periods(three months or more), remove the britelite battery from the torch light to avoid any chemical damage. (acid leak)
- Constant Contact with Sunlight, Water, Chemicals, Gases may cause color fading of the Britelite Torch and may eventually damage the protective finish on the external case components.
- Never attempt to touch the lamp before a two minute cooling time from its last ‘on’ time. serious burns may be the result if done so.